Facilities at Wockhardt Hospital And Kidney Institute, Kolkata
The Wockhardt Stone Management Unit has 17 years experience in managing stones and offers comprehensive care in the treatment of kidney stones. Kidney stones can be treated with various procedures depending on the size of the stone.
Facilities Available : -
- Lithotripsy : - A powerful Dornier Lithotriper which uses both X-Ray and ultrasound localization for real time image. This allows the stone to be seen at all times during treatment. With this machine the patient needs only a light sedative and the pain is minimal. The lithotripter generates shockwaves, which crush dense stones into sand
like particles, which easily pass with urine.
- PCNL : - Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy provides patients with a safe and effective way to remove kidney stones using a minimally invasive surgical procedure. A form of key-hole surgery that is used for larger or remotely located stones in kidneys.
- URS/ URSLC : - Ureteric stones are removed by passing a ureteroscope through the urethra & bladder. The surgeon locates the stone, removes it with special instruments or fragments the stone by using the Swiss Lithoclast.
- Laparoscopic Surgery : - This is an option in certain cases depending on the size & location of stones, existing diseases etc.
- Open Surgery - The larger stones (staghorn etc.) which cannot be removed by above techniques are removed by open and conventional surgery.
Department Of Minimal Access & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
The latest offering from Wockhardt Hospitals Kolkata brings to you the latest techniques, modern technology and instruments combined with high precision skills of the Wockhardt team of surgeons and gives you the alternative to conventional method of surgeries. These advanced (key hole) surgeries are done with the help of laparoscope and fine instruments to achieve the desired results but ensures less post operative discomfort, faster recovery and early return to work.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy : - A cholecystectomy is the surgical removal of the gallbladder. Using advanced laparoscopic technology. It is now possible to remove the gallbladder through a tiny incision at the navel.
- Varicocele : - Are enlargements of the veins that drain the testicles. A varicocele affects fertility due to the decrease in circulation of blood in the testicular area. Once a varicocele has been diagnosed, a surgical procedure can be done to correct the problem.
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy : - a minimally invasive surgical technique that provides patients with a safe and effective way to remove a diseased kidney (e.g. from cancer, blockage, or stone disease).
- Other advanced Lap Surgeries : -
- Bileduct Sugery
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Removal of Appendix
- Removal of Uterus
- Repair of Hernia
- Removal of any solid organ
- Colectomy, APR, Rectopexy
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Ureteric Re-implantation
Wockhardt Eye Clinic
Wockhardt Eye Clinic is established in 1988 and is located at Wockhardt Medical Centre, 2/7 Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata 700 020.
17 years in Eye care has established Wockhardt Eye Clinic as the leading centre for ophthalmology in the eastern region. The clinical expertise of international repute, and sophistication of diagnostic and treatment procedure is serving the needs of the patients across a spectrum of eye disorders, specifically for cataract and anterior eye
Services & Facilities
Phaco Surgery : Phacoemulsification is the newest & latest method of cataract and IOL surgery. The cataract is removed using ultrasonic energy through a small opening.
The advantages of Phacoemulsification are : -
- Early rehabilitation because of small wound
- Minimum post operative complications
- Less pain and redness
- Better optics - lower astigmatism, refraction becomes stable within a week
The panel of surgeons and consultants at Wockhardt Eye Clinic are regarded as among the best in the city. The modern day care surgery unit along with all diagnostic services available under one roof enables Wockhardt Eye Clinic to render world class professional treatment with personalized services in friendly ambience for the patients.
Department Of Nephrology
We specialize in all aspects of nephrology, critical care and transplant nephrology. We provide personalized health care services in all aspects of nephrology including: hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, Critical Care and kidney transplant. Wockhardt performs the maximum number of dialysis in Kolkata.
Facilities Available : -
- Dialysis Center : - There are two types of dialysis: hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, both of which are available at the Wockhardt Hospital and Kidney Institute.
- Hemodialysis : - In this type of dialysis, an artificial unit called a dialyzer mimics the action of the nephron. To undergo hemodialysis, a person must first have a minor surgical procedure to create an access for the needles and tubing needed to connect the blood circulation to the dialysis machine. This minor surgery forms what is called an AV (arterio-venous) fistula, or a shunt, or simply a fistula. Once this is done, a person does not have to worry about difficulties being "stuck" with needles for each session of dialysis.
Most people undergo three dialysis sessions each week, for about four hours each time. A person is connected to the dialysis machine via the shunt. The dialysis machine pumps the blood through the dialyzer, which filters off the waste products, excess fluid, and excess body chemicals. The newly cleaned blood flows out of the dialyzer and is returned via a different set of tubes. During dialysis, a person also receives the hormones the kidneys are unable to produce.
- Peritoneal Dialysis(CAPD) : - This is an entirely different way of filtering wastes from the body. Peritoneal dialysis utilizes the peritoneal membrane, which is the lining of the abdominal cavity. The peritoneal membrane is very large, and has a rich blood supply. In people with kidney failure, the peritoneal blood supply, like all the other blood in the body, contains excessive waste products and fluid, When clean fluid comes into contact with that blood supply, the wastes travel into the cleaner fluid.
- Kidney Transplant : - Kidney transplantation is the best way to treat kidney failure or end-stage renal disease (ESRD). The Kidney Transplant Program at Wockhardt Hospital and Kidney Institute is dedicated to providing comprehensive care to patients with chronic renal disease.
- Renal Medicine : - Wockhardt Hospital and Kidney Institute Provides treatment for all types of renal diseases.
- Clinical Expertise : - A team of experts provides compassionate and the best possible care for each of our patients.We utilize the most sophisticated diagnostic procedures and the latest surgical techniques to treat all nephrological disorders.
Branches of Wockhardt Hospitals in India : -
For more information, medical assessment and medical quote
send your detailed medical history and medical reports
as email attachment to
Email : - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: +91 9029304141 (10 am. To 8 pm. IST)
(Only for international patients seeking treatment in India)
For a detailed evaluation send patientís medical reports / X rays / doctors notes to email@example.com
Successful heart surgery at We Care India partner hospital allows Robert Clarke to live a normal life despite a rare genetic disorder We Care india helped Robert find best super specialised surgeon for his rare conditions.
Read : Robert's Story
See All : Patient's Success Stories
Find us on